The University of Twente is now accepting applications for the International PhD Positions in Sustainable Lifespan Extension of Inner-City Bridges and Quay Walls in the Netherlands. The university is accepting applications for the academic year 2022-2023.
This student position is available for the most talented overseas applicants commencing in PhD degree coursework at the university in the Netherlands.
Established in 1961, The University of Twente offers degrees in the fields of Social Sciences, exact sciences and is highly specialized in Engineering. Its research institutes have a world-class reputation in many areas.
Why would you like to study at the University of Twente? Through the responsible application of research and technology, the university seeks to have the greatest positive influence possible on individuals, society, and connections. Students who attend this university will have great prospects for employment and fantastic global experiences.
- University or Organization: University of Twente
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: € 2,541 – € 3,247
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Not Known
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the Netherlands
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: PhD degree coursework in the Sustainable Lifespan Extension of Inner-City Bridges and Quay Walls.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, applicants must have to meet the following eligibility criteria:
- You have obtained a master‡s degree in civil or environmental engineering and management or another relevant interdisciplinary specialization.
- You have proven experience in one or more of the following areas: life cycle analysis, life cycle costing, and cultural heritage valuation.
- Programming skills are desirable (e.g., MATLAB, Python).
- You are proficient in spoken and written English. A good command of Dutch is an asset.
- You have the ability to work independently.
- You look forward to collaborating with researchers from different academic fields and practitioners from municipalities, contractors, and engineering firms.
- You have a passion for understanding and maintaining historical civil structures.