If you are keen on pursuing peace studies and are looking for resources to help you financially, the Kroc Institute for International Peace Studies has just the opportunity for you! It has established an International PhD PositionsProgram in Peace Studies for the academic year 2023-2024.
The Kroc Institute for International Peace Studies has ad this opportunity accessible for all domestic as well as international students who undertake a PhD in Peace Studies. The applicants must hold at least a bachelor‡s degree to be considered. The selected candidates can expect to have their tuition fees sponsored.
Wonderful opportunity for international students.
Kroc Institute for International Peace Studies is a part of the Keough School of Global Affairs at the University of Notre Dame. It is one of the world’s leading centers for the study of the causes of violent conflict and strategies for sustainable peace.
Why choose to study at the Kroc Institute for International Peace Studies? The Kroc Institute‡s mission is integral to Notre Dame, an international Catholic research university with a rich tradition of teaching war, peace, justice, and human rights. The Kroc Institute fosters collaboration among religious and secular traditions, strengthening the capacity of all to build peace.
Application Deadline: 15th December 2022 is the last day to apply.
- University or Organization: University of Notre Dame’s Kroc Institute for International Peace Studies
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Tuition fee
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International and Domestic
- The award can be taken in the USA.
- Eligible Countries: American and overseas students are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: D. Program in Peace Studies taught at the Kroc Institute for International Peace Studies can be applied.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must have formal training and a degree in the joint area to which they are applying.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applications for admission must be submitted via the official portal of the institute. Applications form for the tuition fee waiver must be submitted separately.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Statement of intent
- Writing sample
- Names and contact information for three recommenders
- Unofficial transcripts from prior institutions or in-progress degrees
- Graduate Record Exam (GRE) score – required for Sociology and Theology only
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must hold at least a bachelor‡s degree from an accredited institution, domestic or international, to be eligible for admission to a graduate program at the University of Notre Dame.
- Language Requirement: The applicants must submit TOEFLT or IELTS score if they identify as international students.
- TOEFL – 80
- IELTS – 7.0
- Duolingo – 120
The Kroc Institute for International Peace Studies at the University of Notre Dame will award the selected candidates tuition fee waivers to support their PhD studies.