The Saving Country Music Top 25 Playlist is built to keep you informed on all the best songs and albums coming out right here, right now in country and roots music. It’s available on most all streaming formats (see below), or you can just use the song, artist, and album recommendations to find something new to listen to. New songs just added.
Matt Daniel – “Weatherman” – This Texas songwriter is definitely one to check out and get on your radar. Matt Daniel is a great blend of good songwriting and a honky tonk sound. The swaying “Weatherman” is a killer heartbreak song about falling into becoming a fair weather lover. Off Daniel’s debut album All I’ll Ever Need.
The Slocan Ramblers – “You Said Goodbye” – A great fast little bluegrass number with a country heartbreak heart, “You Said Goodbye” is off The Slocan Rambler’s new album Up The Hill and Through The Fog. Yet another young up-and-coming band giving us a lot to look forward to in the future of bluegrass.
Arlo McKinley w/ Logan Halstead – “Back Home” – Wow, what an epic song this is, featuring one of the mainstays of the Appalachian songwriters in Arlo McKinley, and one of the fastest up-and-comers in Logan Halstead. Off Arlo’s upcoming album This Miss We’re In out July 15th.
Stacy Antonel – “Always The Outsider” – Antonel’s spot on the playlist is freshened with the title track off her just-released jazz-infused album that gives you vibes of Western Swing and smart country. About never feeling like you fit in just right anywhere, this song fits perfectly on the Top 25 playlist.
Brent Cobb – “Wild & Blue” – A great early hit of John Anderson’s written by John Scott Sherrill, it made it all the way to #1 in 1982. The Steel Woods also recorded in in 2017. Brent Cobb puts that sweet and sweaty Georgia spit polish on it for the upcoming John Anderson tribute, Something Borrowed, Something New: A Tribute to John Anderson out August 5th.
Sunny Sweeney w/ Paul Cauthen – “A Song Can’t Fix Everything” – “I was stepping into the elevator at my hotel as we were leaving Chicago after a great run, and this title popped into my head,” Sweeney says about the song that she co-wrote with Lori McKenna. “It’s about just trying to find those three minutes of happiness you get relating to something and taking yourself out of your everyday life. Letting yourself slip away, it can feel like it’s going to be okay, even if, ultimately, it may not be.” Off Sweeney’s upcoming album Married Alone out September 23rd.
– – – – – – – – – –
The Saving Country Music Top 25 Playlist primarily lives on Spotify, but is also available for those who use Amazon Music, YouTube, Apple Musicand Tidal. For those who don’t stream music, you can still find the song recommendations in list form below.
Please note: The songs on this playlist are curated for listening pleasure and flow. Otherwise, they are not in any specific order.
Saving Country Music’s Top 25 Current Playlist:
- “Russell County Line” – 49 Winchester – Fortune Favors The Bold
- “Always The Outsider” – Stacy Antonel – Always The Outsider
- “You Said Goodbye” – The Slocan Ramblers – Up The Hill and Through The Fog
- “Biloxi By Two” – Ellis Bullard – Piss-Hot Freightlining Country Music
- “Weatherman” – Matt Daniel – All I’ll Ever Need
- “Sad Songs” – Jaelee Roberts – Something You Didn’t Count On
- “Heavy Eyes” – Zach Bryan – American Heartbreak
- “Back Home” – Arlo McKinley w/ Logan Halstead – This Miss We’re In (7-15)
- “Jackson” – Kaitlin Butts – What Else Can She Do?
- “Son of Appalachia” – Tim Goodin – Son of Appalachia EP
- “I’m Going Crazy” – Jordan Foster – I Need A Train
- “A Song Can’t Fix Everything” – Sunny Sweeney w/ Paul Cauthen – Married Alone (9-23)
- “Bourbon Whiskey” – William Beckmann – Faded Memories
- “Crooked Tree” – Molly Tuttle – Crooked Tree
- “Dusty Bottles” – Willie Nelson – A Beautiful Time
- “Lonely in Person” – Charley Crockett – Lil GL’s Presents: Jukebox Charley
- “12th of June” – Lyle Lovett – 12th of June (5-13)
- “In Texas With A Band” – Brennen Leigh w/ Asleep at the Wheel – Obsessed with the West
- “Scale These Walls” – Caroline Spence – True North
- “Half Grown” – Zach Bryan – American Heartbreak
- “Sweet Little Girl” – Kelsey Walson – No Regular Dog (8-12)
- “Found In A Bar” – Joshua Hedley – Neon Blue
- “Ballad of a Retired Man” – Ian Noe – River Fools & Mountain Saints
- “Gone” – Michelle Rivers – Chasing Somewhere (7-8)
- “Wild & Blue” – Brent Cobb – Something Borrowed, Something New: A Tribute to John Anderson (8-5)
- “Beyond The Stars” – Tami Neilson, Willie Nelson – Kingmaker (7-15)
- “Harder Stuff” – Adam Hood, Miranda Lambert – Bad Days Better (TBA)